5 Homemade Herbal Teas for Weight Loss & Detox
Herbal teas for weight loss help you reduce stress, curb your appetite, boost metabolism and fight belly fat. Check how to make weight loss tea at home.
What kind of tea helps lose weight? There are many herbal teas that can help you lose weight. To help you get started, try these 5 herbal teas for weight loss.
There are many reasons why mint tea is considered an effective weight loss supplement.
- Mint scent alone has been proven to help suppress cravings and control appetite. In time you feel like craving for something sweet after dinner, might as well consider sipping a cup of hot mint tea. This can help to curb your desire for sweets.
- It supports digestion. There are many studies that show mint tea’s ability to calm the gastrointestinal tract down and let healthy bowel movement to occur. Taking mint tea can keep everything flowing and moving naturally. This can get digestion back at the right track and alleviate constipation.
- Mint tea can make you feel relaxed. The smell of mint can decreased both the fatigue and anxiety level by 20% and frustration by 25%. Stress may negatively impact metabolism, while the soothing and calming scent of mint tea can definitely minimise stress and put the body back on track.
Mint tea is highly available in the market including grocery store, yet you can always consider making your own homemade mint tea.
Yerba mate tea
If you are having a hard time losing weight, try yerba mate tea. There are many reasons why yerba mate tea should be your next tea to try out.
Benefits of yerba mate tea:
- Improved mood. When you are sad or feel sad, tendency is you either eat unhealthy comfort food or stay at home and forget about all outdoor activities. Yerba mate tea is an herb known to work as a tonic, which stimulates weakened nervous systems and offset it to overexcited one. Also, this herb can reduce agitations, nervousness and anxiety.
- Improved sleep. Some thought that sleeping can make them gain weight, actually that is true only at a certain extent, since when sleeping you may fail to perform physical activities. Lack of sleep on the other hand is a total different story. Not allowing your body to rest and sleep for 8 hours a night has too many consequences, craving for sugary and fatty foods and increased belly fat and liver fat to name a few. The herb helps you increase time spent in delta state or deep sleep, giving you the ability to maximise the result and benefits of sleeping.
- Improved cardiovascular system. The stronger your cardiovascular system, the more efficient you can sustain longer workouts. In return this can give you more time building muscles and losing weight. Yerba mate can minimise oxidative stress on the cardiovascular system making you capable of sustaining energy you need to perform hardcore workouts.
Another good tea to try when looking to lose weight is hibiscus tea. The low calorie content of this tart tasting tea is perfect to those who want to shed some pounds. Drinking it can make you feel all filled up, without the unwanted extra calories.
Not only that it can help you to lose weight, but also, it can support you in many ways while trying to lose weight, lowering cholesterol levels and lowering high blood pressure to cite an example.
Oolong tea, also known as “Wu Long” is a fermented version of the more famous green tea. Like green tea, oolong tea is rich in antioxidants, micronutrients and vitamins A, B, C and E. There are many scientific reasons why this is your best choice for weight loss, and few of these are:
- Oolong tea has teasaponin- teasaponin helps to prevent weight gain by slowing down the absorption of fat from food you take.
- It accelerates metabolism – it can help to speed up the conversion of food to energy and oxidation of fats. The metabolism can be increased by 10 – 20%, thus promoting weight loss.
- It controls digestion limiting the absorption of fattening agents. It minimises the absorption of fats during digestion and promotes its excretion from your body instead.
Lemon ginger tea
Lemon ginger tea has many health benefits. It help normalize blood sugar levels, thus improving your ability to eat healthy food and lose weight. Ginger tea can improve the absorption of fat and prevent fat from accumulating in the body. This tea has anti-inflammatory properties. The scent of ginger and lemon reduces stress and thus helps you avoid binge eating. Moreover, lemon ginger tea can also give instant relief from indigestion and nausea. Also it boosts your immune system and gives you energy.
Joshua believes health is wealth and to stay healthy we need a balanced diet along with detox drinks. He also mentions how best superfood supplements are helpful for weight loss.