Top 10 Benefits of Running
There are multiple benefits of running other than just improving your cardiovascular system. Running can drastically improve your mental health, immune system, muscle stamina, and overall well-being. The top 10 benefits of running include the following:
- Better Mental Health – When running you are releasing natural chemicals which are proven to increase happiness.
- Eases Effects of Asthma – Asthmatics strengthen their lungs and bronchi leading them to easier breathing.
- Assists in Lowering Blood Pressure – When running, the arteries expand and contract. This leads to stronger arteries and maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- Boosting Immune Systems – Regular runners suffer less minor illnesses.
- Lose Weight – Running motions breakdown fat, helping to burn 700 to 850 calories per hour.
- Muscle Strengthening – Running also builds ligament and lower body strength.
- Increases Bone Density – Stress causes essential minerals to be delivered to the bones which in turn increases bone density.
- Joint Stability and Strength – By increasing ligament and tendon strength you will also make your joints stronger, minimizing injuries to hips, knees and ankles.
- Raising Confidence – Running gives you confidence and causes you to have more control in your personal life.
- Eases Diabetes – When diabetics run, they build up resistance to insulin, therefore maintaining proper levels in blood sugar.