How to Balance Chakras With Stones – Chrystal Healing for Beginners
Crystal healing is based on the belief that crystals or chakra stones contain a natural energy that can be used to balance your body’s energy centers, chakras. Find out how to balance chakras with stones or healing crystals.
At times, we all feel out of balance, stressed or pushed to the limit…not every day is glorious and perfect. And, sometimes, the world just feels out of whack. When you’re feeling stressed or emotionally strained, it’s easy to veg out in front of the television or queue up a Netflix binge session. But staring at that lit screen may make you feel worse, and it also may affect your natural circadian rhythm at night.
Take a different approach to relaxation…one that doesn’t involve lit screens or even an extra investment. Jump into a holistic experience and grab some gemstones to help the body relax and find balance. Yes, using stones on the body may sound odd…and that’s OK. Using gemstones doesn’t take the place of medical advice and they don’t have anything to do with physical healing…but the experience, however, can be a fun diversion and help you relax as you immerse in the beauty of colors. Now get ready to balance chakras with gemstones!
Learning to balance your chakras isn’t hard, but it does require the right gemstones. First, though, you’re probably curious about Chakras. According to MindBodyGreen, the chakras are “the centers in our bodies in which energy flows through.”
There are seven chakras and each holds a different energy:
- The Root Chakra is our foundation and this chakra is located near the base of the spine.
- The Sacral Chakra is found near our stomach and handles emotional connections with others.
- The third chakra, located a little below the chest, is the Solar Plexus Chakra and it influences our confidence.
- The Heart Chakra can be found near the heart and, of course, it is associated with love.
- The Throat Chakra is the fifth chakra and it’s located on the throat and guides communication.
- The Third Eye Chakra is indicative of focus and may be found on the forehead (between our eyes…thus the name “third eye”).
- And the seventh and final chakra is the Crown Chakra and deals with our spirituality…this chakra is found on the head.
Chakras are rooted in yogic practice. Each of these seven chakras is believed to hold energy that guides each area. Some believe that this energy needs to be revitalized or balanced, and this balance or re-infusion of energy requires the energies found in certain gemstones. Like the chakras, some believe that every gemstone crystal also offers unique energy and this unique energy helps rejuvenate the chakras.
How do you do chakra balancing?
Balancing the chakras is a relaxing exercise, and you can do it as a means to find balance or help the body relax. However, don’t mistake crystals or chakra balance as a medical solution. If you have aches, pains or other health concerns, call your doctor! But, for a fun way to relax and try to wipe out your stressful day, you can grab these gemstones and let the colors and experience help you relax.
When you’re ready to balance chakras, set the mood for relaxation. This experience can be a meditative moment, as well. Choose music that helps you relax. Maybe you love soft symphonies or maybe you like New Age instrumentals. You can also grab flameless candles and balance your chakras in a soft lit environment.
What stones are for each chakra?
Once you’ve set the mood, it’s time to bring out the gemstones. But what stones do you use? Remember, according to tradition, each gemstone is linked to a different attributes and energies and a different chakra. Here’s a quick primer on crystals, so you know what stones you need:
- The Root Chakra: Choose Bloodstone, Tiger’s Eye, Fire Agate, Hematite or Black Tourmaline.
- The Sacral Chakra: Citrine, Moonstone, Carnelian or Coral.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra: Malachite, Citrine, Calcite or Topaz
- The Heart Chakra: Rose Quartz, Green Calcite, Jade or Green Tourmaline
- The Throat Chakra: Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine or Turquoise
- The Third-Eye Chakra: Amethyst, Black Obsidian, or Purple Fluorite
- The Crown Chakra: Amethyst, Diamond, Clear Quartz or Selenite
You’ll notice that for each Chakra the stones exhibit a similar color pattern, and this is because each chakra is associated with a certain color.
- The Root Chakra is represented by the color red.
- The Sacral Chakra is orange or light blue.
- The Solar Plexus is yellow.
- The Heart Chakra is green.
- The Throat Chakra is blue or turquoise.
- The Third Eye Chakra is indigo.
- The Crown Chakra is deep purple or white.
Color correlates to the rainbow and are associated with certain vibrations. When used as a guide for relaxation, though, these colors also just may make you happy. Colors can have their own personal effect based on our association of those hues.
How to use chakra stones and healing crystals to balance chakras
If you’re ready to balance chakras, grab your gemstones and find some quiet. If you practice yoga, you may lie on your yoga mat. Otherwise, find a comfortable spot and get ready for relaxation. Be sure the space is stress-free and free of noise! You don’t want interruptions, so you may place your cell phone in another room or put it on vibrate. When placing stones, you’ll need to lie down—remember some of them are placed on the head. Now take the stones that represent each chakra and place them on the area that denotes the particular chakra. If you’re unsure about the specific placement, refer to a Chakra map.
Chakra balancing sessions take about 20 minutes. After utilizing your crystals for balance, however, it is recommended by some that the crystals should be cleansed. No this does always necessitate soap. Although salt or other crystals may be used in cleansing. You may even follow up chakra balancing with meditation or yoga.
Hopefully, with some soothing music and colorful crystals you’re feeling less stressed out! The goal is to lie down, relax, and bask in the soothing colors and beauty of the gemstones. Using crystals or other meditation methods is often an inexpensive and relaxing way to unwind and relieve some stress after a busy day. Just remember, though, that balancing the Chakras with crystals shouldn’t take the place of medical advice or expertise. This is a fun activity, and you should use it for entertainment or recreational purposes only.